Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 3/6/2019

Theme: Coping with Aging Identity

Anchor Text: Psalms 90:12 New Living Translation
Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.

Permit me to share a personal story first.

Growing up I found myself always among those who were older than I was. Right from when I was in primary School, down to my secondary school days. Even in the seminary I found myself in the same situation and even till date I still work with those that are older.

My best friends and close associates have always been older than myself. Apparently this caused me to act more maturedly than my age due to those I surrounded myself with. Now this in itself can be a bit of a problem if not handled properly.

In most cases anyone in such situation has the tendency to be young in age but actually old at heart. This could lead to all sorts of depression, anxiety and pressure to meet up with a particular standard whereas one is not yet ready for such.

Age identity is a term in psychology that refers to how old a person actually feels regardless of his or her chronological age. This age identity is subjective in nature as it depends on the outcome of several events in a person's life.

Truth is one could feel older or younger than their real chronological age but feeling older has more negative effects. I believe strongly that this effect in our society is one of the major reasons for depression, anxiety, and unwholesome comparison with others today.

So as the Lord grants insights and wisdom, I'll be sharing how to cope with this phenomenon using both the Word of God and the wisdom of man which lines up with the word of God.

We'll deal with it gradually and I believe God will use this to bring healing to someone.

We'll continue tomorrow by God's Grace...

Stay Graced...

#SpiritBreakfast™️
#MiracleMonday™️
#PastorMuve™️
#GODsSpecialSon™️
#Expansion
#Strength

If this post has blessed you feel free to drop a comment below, I'll love to hear from

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 8/5/2019

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 8/1/2020

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 29/4/2019