Learn contentment

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕
12/6/2020


Text: Philippians 4:11-13 (Amplified Bible)
[11]Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.
[12]I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want.
[13]I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

As much as we believe that things will work out in a favour always, there are times when we find ourselves in situations that don't meet our expectations.

Suffice to say, sometimes these circumstances are not of our own doing. Nevertheless, we are required to learn contentment in any state.

With the global economic situation, a large number of individuals, families, and organisations have found themselves on the other side of the rope.

The Apostle Paul says in such a situation, he has learnt how to abase. In other words, when the situation doesn't meet up to expectations, he has developed the capacity to adapt and function optimally even in such state.

He went further to say: "I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me" in verse 13. Many of us quote that verse but not in context.

Christ empowers us even in times of challenging situations. This is where our sufficiency as believers rest.

So irrespective of what you might be facing now, ask for that power from Christ to remain content, undisturbed, and unbothered. We're winning this and we're definitely going to be alright at the end of the day.

Have a graced day...

#SpiritBreakfast™
#FruitfulFriday™
#PastorMuve™
#power
#contentment #unbothered #undisturbed #calm #winning #alright #sufficiency #Christ #Ican #empowered #strengthened

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 8/5/2019

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 8/1/2020

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 29/4/2019