Going to the ants VII (Lessons on Savings from the ants II)

 Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕

10/8/2020 


Text: Proverbs 6:8 (New Living Translation)

[8] they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.


Continued from the last post...


It is important we discuss discipline in relation to the issue of savings.


When I was much younger (about 9 or 10), I decided I wanted to start saving so I went and bought a traditional saving box. You know those ones made from tin cans. 


Good enough I began saving. A little 20 naira here, a little 50 naira there. Sometimes, I saved a 100 naira. The thing is I was disciplined and consistent in my endeavour. 


However, the problem was I couldn't leave the box closed for as long as I projected. Every now and then I will break my bank to get the money I had saved. And I ended up spending the money in very silly ways. 


Before you look at me funny, I'm taking a wild guess that you probably had or might still have the same issue. Like, didn't you just withdraw your last savings to take care of some desires you had? 


You see, discpline is the bedrock for cultivating a successful habit of saving. You might have a budget and a financial plan, but if you're not dedicated to it, it will just be another piece of paper. 


Savings is hard for so many, but it is a habit that can be developed through discipline. A habit becomes second nature to us as a result of constant practice. 


To cultivate the habit of saving you must be disciplined in saving a small percentage each time you get a paycheck or make a profit. You can start with a small percentage of at least 5%. 


Some financial experts suggest you save 20% of your income. But if you're starting, begin with 5% and keep increasing it as you begin to master the habit. 


And when you start saving, you require discpline to leave that money saved. Take your mind away from it. A fixed account would help you keep your money saved for the duration you intend. 


Do not save without a purpose or a goal. Any savings made without a purpose can be used for any purpose. So, establish the purpose you are saving for and stay disciplined to see it through. 


You'll truly be amazed at how much you've accomplished financially when you learn the art of savings. 


"He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself." ~ Swedish Proverb


Have a graced day...


#SpiritBreakfast™

#MiracleMonday™

#PastorMuve™

#power

#ants #wisdom #life #animals #insects #creatures #simplicity #basics #God #savings #save #discipline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 8/5/2019

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 8/1/2020

Spirit Breakfast 🍞☕ 29/4/2019